Recently, I have been changing the focus of my job to market and sell Telaeris products. After reading various articles on the subject, I have come to the belief that for any enterprise level software or development effort, you have to have a strong advocate for your process/service. Often, these type of people have “C”‘s in front of their titles.
As I had been reading and reflecting on this, a business associate e-mailed a group of us the following snippet before a meeting. We were to meet with the owner of a business we were selling our services to. I certainly appreciated the points he made as well as the clarity and brevity of the information.
The content of the message is not mine. My only contribution is some minor editing and sharing it with you.
- 要准时。 如果你承诺预约时间，请尽你所能来实现它。 每个人的时间都很宝贵，而且您的客户同意与您分享他们的一些时间。
- 了解第一印象的价值。 如果你放心，那么前景也会如此。
- 听。 We have two ears and one mouth. My discovery is we should listen twice as much as we talk and I have taken that into meetings with me. Your customer will tell you exactly what they need if you give them a chance.
- 给出简短答案。 请不要觉得有必要用深入的知识给他们留下深刻的印象。 如果您按下特定答案，那就是购买信号。 给出一个对他们的询问说“是”的答案。
- 不要拖动会议。 观看“Times Up”信号，例如看手表，接听电话，不询问问题。